(T/N : 졸려(jol-ryeo) and 잠온다(jaam-on-da) = to feel sleepy)
I'm shocked so Seoul people don't say "잠온다" but say "졸려" instead?
We don't use "졸려" often
It's 잠온다 for us ㅋㅋㅋ
When we're trying to be cute it's 잠와잉 (jaam-wa-ing)
1. You guys don't say "naen-nae-hae"? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ (T/N: Gyeongsangdo dialect for "nap" used mostly for babies)
ㄴ That's only when we're trying to be mega cute
2. But I use 졸려? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋI find 잠와 more cringe ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
ㄴ Heol ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ To me when someone says 졸려 it's like they're trying to act cute while rubbing their eyes. I'm surprised to hear that you feel 잠와 more cringe
3. Perhaps because I'm from Gyeongsangdo but seriously I thought 졸려 was only used by main drama actresses when they're trying to be cute ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. 잠온다 sounds more cringe (shakes) what do you mean by 잠온다 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ never even thought about it...
ㄴ agree. what's coming anyway? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ so cringe
(T/N: 잠온다 literally means sleep is coming)
5. I find 잠온다 more cringe ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ of course you feel sleepy because sleep is approaching you but... I don't know I find it awkward ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ It feels like you're talking in that extra caring tone (?)
This is the difference Gyeongsangdo woman thinks about 잠온다 and 졸려 in image form
ah I'm f***ing 잠온다잉~
Joongi is 졸려요 please help me get some sleep
1. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ f***
2. Ah this is what I thought exactly ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. I agree from Busan
ㄴ me too
4. This is it!!!!!! 졸려 is really cringe ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. So true ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
The difference between 졸려 and 잠온다 by Seoul woman
(Minjung is feeling sleepy~)
1. This is it!
2. I agree this is it. Bbuing bbuing 잠온다~ Bbuing I'm sleepy ^^*
Why do I feel like 졸려 would be used in romance comics?
hmmm it feels like that to me. It makes me cringe it's something what you'd see in a romance comic book
When someone use 잠온다 it feels like... (y/n) ate her meal... (y/n) is feeling sleepy... bbuing bbuing...
How could you personify sleep...
Original post here
1. I'm from Busan and I use 잠온다 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I think it doesn't really sound cute with our accent tho...
2. I'm from Busan and I've been to Gyeonggi region and they used both.. both words don't sound so awkward but they both equally do sound cringy when you write about them ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. I use both!!
4. I think this depends on where you live
5. I'm from Seoul and I only use 졸려 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
(I remembered this post when I read Jimin and Jin's tweets and thought it might be interesting to share this here! The screen cap posts are being really extreme ㅋㅋ because it depends on where we're from! Jimin also said 잠온다 during an old V App broadcast too ㅎㅎ)