Tuesday, 18 October 2016

[PANN] 161016 +) BTS is like a mayfly ;;



(T/N: I'm not sure if people from other countries use the term Mayfly like us. Because of it's ephemeral life Koreans call people who are recklessly brave (it can be in a good or a bad way) as 하루살이 (it literally means one day life)) 


Seriously I think they just live today

1. (effffooorrrrrt)


BTS's reply to the superiors and Golden Spoons' statement, "You can do if you make effort"


BTS - Baepsae

Ah, stop with that “make an effort” talk
Ah, that’s making both of my hands and feet to curl
Ah, effort, effort 
Ah effort, effort
Ah slim chance of success
Indeed Stork

This part especially explains thoroughly

Suga's verse

Indeed Stork, you don’t disappoint me
Indeed Stork, you live up to your name
Indeed Stork, you just be the boss
Indeed you are a stork, stork


head of the Education Ministry's policy bureau "We should simply treat the public like dogs and pigs"

BTS - Am I Wrong

Suga's verse

We turn into dogs when we go mad
Stork VS Baepsae 
It's war errday

J Hope's verse 

This crazy world is yeah
it makes us all go mad
Yeah we're all CRAZY
Now shout out
MAYDAY MAYDAY

Now Mayday means


Mayday
the international radiotelephone distress signal, used by ships and aircraft.

3. BTS - Ma City

I’m from Jeollanamdo Gwangju babe
If my footsteps take me to the mountain it’s the summit of 
Mudeungsan Mountain babe
My life is hot it’s the heat of the south
I won’t give up the rule of fighting off heat with heat
I put on gear and start the engine, madly bounce
I dreamt of becoming a singer only with dancing
Now in reality I run on stage to my heart’s content
You’ve seen it  I’ve put in my passion
I, Gwangju Hoshigi move around the eight provinces of Korea
If you want to see me the time is 7 O'clock so gather
Everyone dial 062-518

BTS J Hope "Criticizing Ilbe with lyrics?... I'll leave the interpretation to the listeners"



Moreover

Padded jackets that worth thousands and shoes worth hundreds,
They try to show off again with their watches that worth hundreds
Education is going South and students go South too
21st century divides into perfect halves
The ones who have and those who don't
The ones who wear (shoes) and those who don't
The ones who wear (jacket) and those who remove
And the ones who earn by trying hard (Spin Breaker)

Dreams have disappeared
There's no time to rest
It’s a cycle of school,
Home or an Internet cafe
Everyone lives the same life
Students who are pressured to become the first
Live the life of a double agent between dreams and reality

Who is the one who made us into studying machines?
They classify us to either being number one or dropping out
The adults trap us in this frame
There’s no choice but to consent
Even if we think simply,
It’s the survival of the fittest
Who do you think is the one who makes us step on our close friends 
to climb up? What?

Adults tell me that I'm just having a hard time now
They say I should bear it more and do it later (N,O)

I always listen to this idol group's album when they release a new one
I decided to write a post because I got this feel. 
Perhaps it's because they're from a small company or if it's because they're a "hip hop" idol, I think they write great songs that criticize the society.
Why did I just spend 20 minutes writing a post about BTS...? (I think I'm almost ARMY now but I'm just denying..)

Please suggest me songs like these that criticize the society. Even other groups too
Seriously I find these type of idol songs really refreshing

Conclusion
BTS and other groups, fighting

+) Woahh look at the votes
I want to add this... BTS songs are really great. 
Actually OP really rarely listens to commercial songs... It doesn't matter if they're idols or not.. but the songs in BTS's albums are really good and they feel raw. It doesn't feel like they're making music as a business. I feel like they're doing music because they really enjoy making music. OP might feel this way because OP doesn't know many idols but they included songs like <Move> which talk about them moving to a new place and their satirical skits... even the hip hop artists don't do satire these days ㅋ their music really feels raw and real.. less commercial.. feels less like they're trying to do business with their music.
I was surprised because they follow genres that are popular overseas or genres that are hot in other countries but not popular in Korea. I think this is why they're famous in other countries?

So I really think highly of them! I'm not an expert but as a person who loves music! I think BTS fans should be proud of their artist's music!

I'm not comparing them to other idols, never... don't don't misunderstand
I support and respect all idols... actually, I should respect them because they live life to the full...

anyway, thanks for bringing my post to Selected Talk ranking!

+) favorite songs of OP are
Forever Young? or Young Forever, Save Me and Move, and the album intro in I NEED U album. 
And Cypher 3, I started listening to BTS's songs from this track ㅎ
and I like Begins and First Love the most from their new album

I didn't listen to their recent mixtape that many times to recommend... but OP's taste is a minor style so considering that it's Godrap? from Rap Monster's mixtape and monster. And from Suga's mixtape, I like track 5. The title is made with numbers and 7th track. I really thought that was insane. I liked the interlude and the final track featuring Suran... I like that song..

Original post here
Response +1556 -74

1. This is what I love about idols? and singers who write and compose their music. They don't just sing songs that sound like they've been made at factories. The self composing singers confidently create music and show their views to the public and how they're aware of the things happening around us. J Hope's 518 line is really cool +368 -3

2. I like BTS criticizing the society. BTS's song deals various subjects so I think that is interesting. +346 -3

3. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ when you listen to their songs you can feel them attacking with facts ㅋㅋㅋ I gave up singing N.O and No More Dream at karaoke because I felt like I was caught red handed ㅋㅋㅋㅋ And their songs comfort us when we're faced with difficulties in reaching our dream or reality. Their songs also make me burn with determination!! It's not "I can do this" it's more like "I'M DOING THIS!!!!!!" seriously they have such effect ㅋㅋ +337 -4

4. Suga said during an interview that they're not targeting any specific person but if someone feels like they're being targetted, it's their own problem.  ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ +141 -0

5. Even the choreography during Yoongi's dogs and pigs part in Am I Wrong looks like they're representing dogs and pigs ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ +120 -0

6. I'm so close from joining the fandom after listening to them dissing Ilbe +98 -0

7. I really like BTS because they don't just sing about corny love songs. They share their opinion through their lyrics. They talk about dreams too and not only criticize the society. Their satoori rap during N.O days ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ it was really refreshing +97 -0

8. In Am I Wrong they sing Did I say something wrong? Did I ever lie? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I agree because whatever they said is the truth +65 -0

9. These days I'm looking at BTS with new eyes. I enjoy listening to your songs +60 -1

10. J Hope's 518 is really daebak +54 -0