Hello. This is Fantalk Beauty.
Before I start this post, at present members of BEAST fantalk board are not very active so our apology letter reflects the opinion of just a few of us unlike another letter of apology so I hope you will understand.
The reason we're writing this post is to officially apologize regarding BTS real-time Twitter hashtag incident which was carried out by the union formed by 5 fandoms which occurred in 2016 May.
At that time, our fandom tweeted malicious words and rumors relating to plagiarism accusations on Twitter and due to our real time hashtag, BTS members and BTS fans received unforgettable scars.
First of all, we sincerely apologize for making an official apology post only now after 6 months since the happening.
Furthermore, we are going to explain the real time Twitter hashtag incident planned by the union formed by 5 fandoms.
We tweeted many malicious rumors on Twitter and the reason behind our actions was to receive feedback regarding plagiarism without any solid proof. (+ We would like to state that the rumor about Rap Monster plagiarizing BEAST's lyrics is not true)
The five fandoms including us started tweeting real time when BTS members were about to end their concert and due to this reason, BTS members could have seen the malicious rumors and related words which were trending on Twitter. Moreover, we presented great shock and distress to many BTS fans who saw our malicious rumors and words. We want to tell you that we are truly sorry to BTS members and BTS fans who were hurt by our fandom's thoughtless and selfish actions.
Although we were fully aware of how "plagiarism" can have a deadly effect in a singer's career, we sincerely apologize for spreading malicious rumors relating to this matter.
We, Fantalk Beautys didn't make any speedy official apology because this was a problem caused by another site users (SNS- Twitter) and we didn't pay proper attention to this matter. Although this was a problem caused by our own fandom, we didn't take responsible for our actions and we do feel shame.
And we also can't keep our head up if we think about the wounds and scars BTS members and BTS fans had received due to the relevant incident. We are truly sorry.
We will not forget about this case and we will reflect on our behavior. All of us will work hard to build a fandom where only correct fandom culture exists.
We apologize again for the late official apology post, however, we wanted to fully understand the real time Twitter incident carried out by the 5 fandoms.
Thank you for reading our post.
- All members of Nate PANN Fantalk Beauty board -
Original post here
Response +200 -11
1. I read your apology letter very well. I wish you could state that the lyrics plagiarism BEAUTYs accused wasn't true. I hope BEAUTY could clarify this because BTS is still slandered because of this matter. I request you to add this to your post. If you're not sure about what I'm talking about, I think this post might help you understand http://m.pann.nate.com/talk/334066034&currMenu=talker&stndDt=20161012&page=1&gb=d&order=RAN&page=1&rankingType=teen&currMenu=talker +47 -5
2. I think you were the BEAUTY who continuously told us that you will post an apology letter. First of all, you worked hard and I read very well. The fact that you addressed every problem with detail caught my eyes the most. I know that there aren't many active members in Fantalk Beauty board. I think the majority of BEAUTYs should know about this and I believe some might still misunderstand so I hope you could solve this within your fandom. Also, I really hope your apology letter reaches BTS members than us. This is not a problem that can be solved by one fandom so I hope you can solve this issue with other fandoms as well. Thank you for the apology letter :) +44 -4
3. Your post was moving because you pointed out the mistakes that were made, explained them in detail and apologized to us sincerely. I think your letter touched me because it was really a sincere apology letter and not a letter with excuses! I hope we could work hard together to build mature fandom culture. You've worked hard at this late hour :) +40 -3
4. This is BEAUTY. If we see any comments about plagiarism on PANN or any other community site, we promise to reveal ourselves as BEAUTYs and announce that this is a rumor and that it's not true. +17 -0
5. Thank you for the apology letter. But you do know that you should be responsible about this issue, right? I wish you could explain to people who still misunderstand thanks to this issue. I hope nothing like this will happen in the future. I hope we have more better days in the future! BEAST & BTS, let's succeed! +12 -0
6. EXO Ls were the first fandom to create posters about the real-time hashtag and they started spreading it around and dragged other fandoms in saying things like "ARMYs are ignoring us" and this is the truth. They were busy slandering us on PANN and Twitter 24/7 ㅋ they called us plagiarism idol and they created the twitter hashtag poster and started spreading it everywhere. They spread the poster on Twitter and directly mentioned our boys with malicious tweets and when other fandoms refused to join them when they spread the poster in other fantalk boards, they immediately delete it. The fandoms who joined them cursed us without even understanding what was going on but I'm not trying to say that other fandoms just followed their leader, EXO Ls. There were many fans who joined the hashtag after seeing it trend on Twitter. Of course, it's just a handful but there were 320,000 tweets so how little can that handful be? ㅋㅋ the fandoms who posted their apology letter aren't hated so much because among them, people who refused to join them equaled to people who joined the hashtag. There were quite many BEAUTYs who said yes but writing an apology post does make a difference. +9 -0
(+Starlights' apology letter here)
(+Starlights' apology letter here)